In order to log-in on the app, you will need to click the hamburger menu and then click "log in." The log-in button is not immediately visible on the default welcome page.
Nope! You can download the app at anytime for free. You can also join the Mythical Society as an Initiate (the free tier) in order to experience content in the app for free.
Nope! The app is completely free for everyone.
Please note, this only works for logging out from a computer browser. Please see "Android (mobile and tablet) and iOS (mobile and tablet)" below for more info on the app!
To completely log out of your account while using a computer browser, click "Account", then click "Sign out" (it's the link under "Discord"). Then click "Log out" on the main page (it's the link under "Account").
Please make sure you are casting to a Chromecast enabled device (ex: a smart TV with Chromecast). A smart TV needs to have Chromecast enabled as a built-in feature, or a Chromecast device is needed to cast content. Not every Smart TV has the ability to cast. As an example, YouTube has its own smart TV app, which is why you're able to cast even if a certain device doesn't have casting enabled. Outside of creating an entirely separate smart TV app, unfortunately this is something that's out of our control.
The Mythical Society app is a mobile app - not a smart TV app. There is a difference in apps created for mobile devices and developing an app for a smart TV. Not all smart TVs have Chromecast. If your smart TV does not have Chromecast enabled as a built-in feature, you would need a Chromecast device to cast content. This isn't necessarily unique to the Society app. The casting process on the Society app is the same as other apps that do not have a separate app for a Smart TV.
Currently, captions are not supported with casting. Unfortunately this feature is not supported by our video player. This is a known bug, but we are working with our video player to try to resolve this issue.
If you need additional assistance, please let us know on Discord in #app-feedback or #website-feedback, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your device type and platform.
The monthly calendar has been moved to the Mythical Society weekly digest emails sent on Saturdays. If you are a member and are not sure if you are on this email list (you should have been prompted to opt in to Mythical Society emails upon sign-up), or if you want to double check or opt in, please email email@example.com.
Add the website to your Android or iPhone homescreen if desired! Detailed instructions can be found
but the below are instructions with a few easy steps:
Navigate to the Mythical Society web page on your device
Open your browser menu
Select the option 'Add to Home Screen' or similar, depending on your browser.
There are no reported bugs on Web 😊
If you do find something, please let us know on Discord in #website-feedback or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your device type and platform.
1. Currently, you are only able to sign-in with ONE account. Please make sure you sign in to the app with your active account. It is difficult to switch accounts once you've signed in.
2. Logging in does take you to an external browser. Unfortunately there is currently no way around this due to the logistics of our platform. However, it should be a quick and easy log-in process, and once you're logged in you won't need to go through it again.
3. Currently, captions are not supported with casting. Unfortunately this feature is not supported by our video player but we are working with our video player to try to resolve this issue.
4. There is a known bug that does not allow video controls to be accessible on iPhone when casting. This is a bug with the video player that is actively being worked on to be resolved.
5. The "membership start" date shown in the top left of your profile shows the start date of your most current subscription. Ex: if you first subscribed November 7th, 2020 but then deactivated and resubscribed August 7th, 2021, the date that would show on your profile in the app/website would be "August 7th, 2021." If you notice this is an error on your profile (please note this will happen even if the deactivation was just for a day), please let us know - we are able to manually override the date. The date shown on your app/website profile will not affect Founding Member status. We always verify account information in our system backend :)
If you find additional bugs/issues/errors, please let us know on Discord in #app-feedback or email us at email@example.com. Please include your device type and platform.
Have Feedback or Need Further Assitance?
If you want to talk to us about anything else app or website related not addressed here, please use the #app-feedback or #website-feedback channels in Discord, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need assistance with a specific issue, please include your
device type and platform
and provide detailed information about the issue/bug.
This is just the beginning of our journey! We have exciting plans to continue bringing new features to the app and website.