Launch day is here, Mythical Beasts! 🚀
Need to talk to us? It's always possible that a few bugs have slipped through our testing or you have some great feedback.
Please check the list of bugs at the bottom of this page before you let us know about any new ones and we'll squash them! If you do find any bugs not listed below, jump in Discord on #app-feedback or #website-feedback or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your
device type and platform
and provide detailed information about the issue/bug.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Mythical Society app is free and available on iOS and Android! Visit the
Google Play Store
to download for free.
In order to log-in on the app, you will need to click the hamburger menu and then click "log in." The log-in button is not immediately visible on the default welcome page.
Nope! You can download the app at anytime for free. You can also join the Mythical Society as an Initiate (the free tier) in order to experience content in the app for free.
Nope! The app is completely free for everyone.
The monthly calendar has been moved to the Mythical Society weekly digest emails sent on Saturdays. If you are a member and are not sure if you are on this email list (you should have been prompted to opt in to Mythical Society emails upon sign-up), or if you want to double check or opt in, please email email@example.com.
Add the website to your Android or iPhone homescreen if desired! Detailed instructions can be found
but the below are instructions with a few easy steps:
Navigate to the Mythical Society web page on your device
Open your browser menu
Select the option 'Add to Home Screen' or similar, depending on your browser.
Known Bugs and Solutions
There are no reported bugs on Web 😊
If you do find something, please let us know on Discord in #website-feedback or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your device type and platform.
1. Currently, you are only able to sign-in with ONE account. Please make sure you sign in to the app with your active account. It is difficult to switch accounts once you've signed in.
2. Logging in does take you to an external browser. Unfortunately there is currently no way around this due to the logistics of our platform. However, it should be a quick and easy log-in process, and once you're logged in you won't need to go through it again.
3. Currently, captions are not supported with casting. Unfortunately this feature is not supported by our video player but we are working with our video player to try to resolve this issue.
4. There is a known bug that does not allow video controls to be accessible on iPhone when casting. This is a bug with the video player that is actively being worked on to be resolved.
5. The "membership start" date shown in the top left of your profile shows the start date of your most current subscription. Ex: if you first subscribed November 7th, 2020 but then deactivated and resubscribed August 7th, 2021, the date that would show on your profile in the app/website would be "August 7th, 2021." We are working on a fix for this, but it may need to be a manual override - if you notice this is an error on your profile (please note this will happen even if the deactivation was just for a day), please let us know. The date shown on your app/website profile will not affect Founding Member status. We always verify account information in our system backend :)
If you find additional bugs/issues/errors, please let us know on Discord in #app-feedback or email us at email@example.com. Please include your device type and platform.
If you want to talk to us about anything else app or website related not addressed here, please use the methods mentioned above - Discord in the #app-feedback or #website-feedback channels, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear your feedback.
This is just the beginning of our journey! We have exciting plans to continue bringing new features to the app and website soon.